Drug Offense Lawyer Southfield MI
The Possession of Marijuana and narcotics in Southfield Michigan is a serious offense. However, the possible sentence for a marijuana or narcotics delivery conviction is even worse. A marijuana or a narcotics conviction can result in loss of freedom due to incarceration, loss of employment opportunities or career ambitions, driver's license sanctions, problems with obtaining a loan or benefits, etc. In short, a marijuana or narcotics conviction will cause you to lose the ability to live your life in the manner that you are accustomed to living it. A Judge can even prevent you from using marijuana while on bond or probation, even if you have a medical marijuana card and the marijuana is vital to your health and well being. Marijuana and drug convictions for people who are not US citizens may be life changing, because the immigration consequences can include mandatory detention, deportation, and a bar from returning to the United States in the future. It is not uncommon for Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) to be informed by the 46th District Court probation and Oakland County probation of marijuana and narcotics related convictions for non citizens.
How much time you may serve for a conviction from a Southfield Michigan marijuana or narcotics case is based upon a number of different variables such as: who is prosecuting the allegation (Southfield city attorney, Oakland county prosecutor's office, or Federal US Attorney); the assigned Judge; prior record; the Sentence guidelines (for felony offenses); the location where the marijuana or narcotic was alleged possessed or distributed (home, school zone, prison, Federal land, etc.); the weight of the narcotic involved; the alleged intent of the Defendant (use, simple possession, delivery, conspiracy, etc.); the presence of a firearm in the commission of the offense.
Not all marijuana and narcotic or drug convictions result in serving time or having a conviction record. Many first time marijuana and drug possession offenders can even avoid having a conviction record for the drug possession offense and avoid driver's license sanctions through a special status in the law (7411 or HYTA for State law cases) or a diversion program. Obtaining the best possible attorney to represent you for your Southfield marijuana or narcotics accusation may make the biggest difference in the outcome of your case.
Are you under law enforcement investigation in Southfield Michigan for a marijuana or drug offense? Is a police officer or agency trying to coerce you into working as a snitch or informant? Do you need to go to Federal court, the 46th District court, the 6th Circuit court in Pontiac, or Juvenile court for a drug or marijuana related accusation? Immediately hire a experienced, caring, professional criminal defense lawyer to help you with your legal issue. Attorney Hilf zealously defends:
- Drug Paraphernalia (marijuana pipe, grinder, roach clip, crack pipe, syringe, etc.)
- Conspiracy to Delivery Drugs or Marijuana
- Sale, Distribution, or Delivery of Ephedrine or Pseudoephedrine (methamphetamine ingredients)
- Prescription Fraud
- Drug Distribution, Drug Trafficking, Drug Transportation
- Delivery or Manufacture of an Imitation (fake) Controlled Substance
- Manufacture of a Controlled Substance
- Possession with Intent to Distribute Controlled Substances or Marijuana
- Delivery of a Controlled Substance or Marijuana
- Possession of an Analogue Controlled Substance (unprescribed prescription medication)
- Maintaining a Drug House or a Drug Laboratory
- Illegal Use of Controlled Substances (marijuana, heroin, ecstasy, meth, cocaine, prescription medication, LSD, etc.)
- Possession of a Controlled Substance (marijuana, heroin, ecstasy, meth, cocaine, prescription medication, LSD, etc.)
As a top rated Southfield Michigan narcotics and drug offense attorney, Daniel Hilf has successfully helped thousands of people being prosecuted in Michigan. A listing of attorney Daniel Hilf's recognized and verifiable legal accomplishments include:
- Avvo Superb 10.0 Lawyer
- Appeared in Local and National media (CW50, Aspatore Books, Legal News, etc.)
- Guest Attorney Lecturer at the Oakland County Bar Association
- Capital Offense certified in Oakland County
- 2014 Top 100 Trial Lawyer according to the National Trial Lawyers
- Top 100 Lawyer according to the American Society of Legal Advocates
- Over 100 completed jury trials
When it comes to drug prosecutions, the government is relentless. For drug investigations and arrests, the government has endless money and resources. Confidential informants, police officers, detectives, special agents, evidence technicians, and experienced prosecutors are a few of the government resources that will be pitted against you. When it comes to drug delivery, the government has no mercy. If charged with a drug offense, you need to do what you can to try and level the playing field. One of the most critical decisions you have to make is choosing a lawyer. If you choose any lawyer or a public defender, you are taking a risk in the type of legal defense you will receive. The smart decision is to find a lawyer who has the right combination of legal acumen, trial experience, and dedication to represent you and your interests.
Hilf & Hilf, PLC criminal defense attorney Daniel Hilf has a solid reputation in the legal community for providing outstanding legal representation for:
- Retail Fraud
- Drug Offenses
- Criminal Traffic
- Other Criminal Offenses
- Sex Offenses
- Domestic Violence
- Probation Violation
Contact Hilf & Hilf today for a consultation to discuss your Southfield marijuana or drug case.