DUI Attorney West Bloomfield MI
For DUI misdemeanor and felony charges at the 48th District Court in Bloomfield Hills Michigan, retaining a top rated lawyer with vast experience defending DUI cases is a very wise decision. Drinking and driving convictions carry permanent, non-reversible sentencing results (both driving and criminal related), which should compel you to not go it alone in Court. For drunk driving cases, the Judges and magistrates serving at the 48th District Court are not always predictable when it comes to deciding upon bond and sentence conditions, and often choose to incarcerate for bond violations and sentencing. Your attorney needs sufficient time to build a strong defense and construct a forward thinking defense strategy. When it comes to finding a DUI lawyer you should not wait for the last minute.
Searching to Retain an Experienced DUI Lawyer in West Bloomfield Michigan To Defend You?
A Michigan DUI leads to some of the strictest legal penalties, which is true even for someone without a prior DUI history. With DUI felony arrests the stakes are even higher. A conviction for felony DUI in Michigan carries tough, mandatory sentence conditions such as incarceration in either jail or prison. If the Judge sentences you to probation you will also receive: intensive help and testing for alcohol and substance issues, community service work, expensive fines and costs, and a long and comprehensive list of other probationary condition. Failure to comply with probation leads to probation violation proceedings that can send you to prison. The maximum sentence for DUI 3rd Offense is 5 years, unless habitual sentencing applies due to having at least one prior felony conviction. The minimum possible sentence for felony DUI is 30 days in jail or 1 year with the Michigan department of corrections.
Misdemeanor drinking and driving convictions in Michigan can also result in very intensive sentencing conditions. For a misdemeanor DUI sentencing, the Judge assigned to your case has the power to order jail confinement and a maximum of 2 years of probation with demanding and strict probationary conditions. A violation of probation often leads to a jail sentence.
For all DUI convictions, felony or misdemeanor, the Secretary of State will place points on your driving record and take action against your driving privileges. Depending upon your conviction offense and prior DUI record, you will face either a restriction, suspension, and/or revocation of your driving privileges. This will likely prove to be a great hardship based upon the lack of public transportation in Michigan. The correct way to handle any DUI case in West Bloomfield or elsewhere is to not face it alone. Retaining a DUI attorney with the experience and knowledge to properly and fully defend you is critical.Top Rated West Bloomfield DUI Attorney Available To Represent You at the 48th District Court and/or Oakland County Circuit Court
The DUI lawyer that is recommended over and over drunk driving cases at the 48th District Court and throughout Oakland county is attorney Daniel Hilf. Attorney Daniel Hilf is a very capable, intelligent, and aggressive DUI lawyer with more than 20 years of criminal defense experience in Michigan.
Attorney Daniel Hilf's verifiable criminal defense resume includes:
- Local and National Media Recognition (the Legal News, CW50, Aspatore Books, etc.)
- Assigned attorney mentor for new criminal defense lawyers in Oakland county
- Guest Lecturer at the Oakland County Bar Association for criminal defense issues
- Oakland County Circuit Court rated Capital Defense lawyer
- Over 100 completed jury trials in Oakland County
- Certified by Avvo as a Top Rated 10.0 Lawyer
- National Academy of Criminal Defense Attorneys (2013) certified Top 10 Attorney
- National Trial Lawyers (2014) certified Top 100 Trial Lawyer
Lawyer Hilf provides the type of defense work that you need for all traffic related charges, including:
- Drinking and driving (DUI, DWI, DUI 2nd Offense, DUI 3rd Offense felony, OUIN, OWPD, Super drunk, etc.)
- All misdemeanor traffic allegations (DWLS, Open Intoxicants, Failure to Stop at Accident, etc.)
- All felony traffic cases (Flee and Elude the Police, Unlawful Use of an Automobile, UDAA, etc.)
- Juvenile court cases
- All traffic tickets (Failure to Yield, Speeding, Improper Turn, Accident tickets, etc.)
Call Hilf & Hilf today for any West Bloomfield or 48th District Court traffic or criminal matter.