DUI Lawyer Pontiac MI
For a OUI case with court scheduled in Pontiac (either at the 50th District Court or the 6th Circuit Court) finding a recommended lawyer that specializes in OUI defense is vital due to the high consequences surrounding a drinking and driving conviction. Engaging a lawyer right away is important, because your lawyer needs to start early to build a viable defense.
Searching for the Best Pontiac Michigan OUI Defense Attorney To Represent You In Court?
Felony OUI offenses carry the toughest sanctions upon conviction. With a conviction you face mandatory sentence conditions that includes (but is not limited to) a jail or prison sentence, lengthy community service hours, and intense alcohol counseling and probation if you receive jail (instead of a prison sentence). For a felony conviction, the Judge has discretion to decide how much time you serve (although there is a mandatory minimum of 30 days in jail or 1 year in prison for felony OUI 3rd Offense). The Judge decides if you serve your time in jail or prison. A misdemeanor OUI conviction can result in jail time, and/or probation with probationary conditions which the Judge determines. You will face separate driver's license penalties imposed by the Michigan Secretary of State shortly after a conviction is entered by the Court. The bottom line is that finding proper OUI legal representation is in your best interest.Top Rated Pontiac OUI Defense Lawyer Available To Represent You at District Court and/or Circuit Court
The lawyer who is recommended time and again for OUI defense in Pontiac is Daniel Hilf of Hilf & Hilf, PLC. He has over 20 years defending OUI cases in Michigan, and he presently is accepting new clients.
Attorney Hilf's distinguished achievements include:
- 2013 Top 10 Attorney for the National Academy of Criminal Defense Attorneys
- Top 100 Lawyer for the American Society of Legal Advocates
- 2014 Top 100 Trial Lawyer for the National Trial Lawyers
- Avvo Superb 10.0 rating (top possible rating)
- Guest Lecturer, to teach other attorneys, at the Oakland County Bar Association
Attorney Hilf provides effective legal counsel for many traffic related offenses, including:
- Driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol (DUI, DWI, OUI, OWI, OUIL, OUIN, etc.)
- Driving while license suspended, revoked, or denied (DWLS)
- Reckless driving or Careless driving
- Fleeing and eluding the police
- Open Alcohol in a Motor Vehicle
- Unlawfully Driving Away an Automobile (UDAA)
- Unlawful Use of a Motor Vehicle
- Leaving the Scene of an Accident
Call Hilf & Hilf today for the best legal representation for your OUI or traffic ticket.