DUI Lawyer West Bloomfield MI
For OUI allegations at the 48th District Court in Bloomfield Hills Michigan, retaining a top level OUI attorney is a very wise decision. OUI convictions carry serious and permanent sentencing results on both your driving and criminal records. Your attorney needs sufficient time to build a strong defense strategy to help you obtain the best results given your circumstances. When it comes to retaining counsel, the earlier the better.
Hiring an Experienced OUI Lawyer in West Bloomfield Michigan To Defend You?
An OUI conviction causes some of the strictest legal penalties in Michigan. This is true even for someone without a prior OUI conviction. With OUI felony accusations the stakes are much higher. A felony OUI conviction will lead to incarceration in either jail or prison. If the Judge sentences you to jail for OUI 3rd Offense you will also receive probation. Probation will include counseling and testing for alcohol and substance issues, many hours of community service, fines and costs, and other probationary conditions at the discretion of the Judge. Violating the conditions of a felony OUI probation can send you to prison. The maximum sentence for felony OUI is 5 years in prison, unless habitual sentencing applies. The minimum possible sentence for felony OUI is 30 days in jail (which cannot be served on tether or otherwise suspended) or 1 year in prison.
Misdemeanor OUI convictions can also result in very demanding sentences. For a misdemeanor OUI sentencing, the Judge has the ability to order jail and up to 2 years of probation with strict probationary conditions. A common result for probation violation is jail.
If convicted of OUI, the Secretary of State will take action against your driving privileges. Depending upon the nature of your conviction and prior history of OUIs, you will incur a restriction, suspension, and/or revocation of your driving privileges. Retaining a OUI attorney with experience is critical to obtaining a great result.Top Rated West Bloomfield OUI Lawyer For the 48th District Court and/or Oakland County Circuit Court
The OUI lawyer that is recommended many times over for drunk driving cases at the 48th District Court is attorney Daniel Hilf. Attorney Daniel Hilf is a very intelligent, aggressive, and capable OUI lawyer with more than 20 years of criminal defense experience.
Attorney Daniel Hilf defends all traffic related charges, including:
- Drinking and driving (OUI, OWI, OUI 2nd Offense, OUI 3rd Offense felony, OUIN, OWPD, Super drunk, etc.)
- All misdemeanor traffic charges (DWLS, Open Intoxicants, Failure to Stop at Accident, etc.)
- All felony traffic accusations (Flee and Elude the Police, Unlawful Use of an Automobile, UDAA, etc.)
- All traffic tickets (Failure to Yield, Speeding, Improper Turn, Accident tickets, etc.)
- Juvenile court cases
Attorney Daniel Hilf's criminal defense background includes:
- Assigned attorney mentor for new criminal defense lawyers in Oakland county
- Certified by Avvo as a Top Rated 10.0 Lawyer
- Guest Lecturer at the Oakland County Bar Association for criminal defense issues
- Over 100 completed jury trials
- National Academy of Criminal Defense Attorneys (2013) certified Top 10 Attorney
- National Trial Lawyers (2014) certified Top 100 Trial Lawyer
- Local and National Media Recognition (the Legal News, CW50, Aspatore Books, etc.)
Call Hilf & Hilf today for any 48th District Court traffic or criminal matter.