Misdemeanor Lawyer Lake Orion MI
Misdemeanor attorney Daniel Hilf has an established reputation for providing solid and independent legal representation in the Lake Orion area in District Courts and Circuit Court. Misdemeanor convictions have serious results upon conviction, including loss of liberty, loss of reputation in the community, loss of educational opportunities, loss of potential employment advancement, and impact to your future living plans. With a misdemeanor charge looming you should attempt to put your troubles behind you and never delay in obtaining needed legal advice and zealous legal representation from an in demand criminal defense attorney.Lake Orion area Misdemeanor Legal Representation from a Client Preferred Criminal Defense Lawyer
Misdemeanors throughout the State of Michigan are levied by prosecutors and city attorneys due to alleged violations of local ordinance laws, Michigan State law statutes, and Federally enacted laws. Commonly charged misdemeanor offenses in the Lake Orion area include (but are not limited to): DWLS (Driving While License Suspend/Revoked/ or Denied), drunk driving (DWI, OWI, Super drunk, etc.), disorderly person, assault and battery, domestic violence, and retail fraud.
For a Lake Orion area misdemeanor conviction, the most amount of jail possible is anywhere from 90 day to 365 days depending upon the underlying offense (with the exception being "high court misdemeanors" which provide for a greater maximum penalty). With exception to a select handful of misdemeanors that have mandatory minimum sentences, most misdemeanors do not require the Judge to order any sort of jail sentence. However, the Judge is free to impose very strict and time consuming and expensive probationary conditions that may make your life miserable for a misdemeanor conviction. If you choose not to strictly obey your Judge's sentence, the possible result may include additional jail and/or even harsher probationary conditions if your probation is continued.
There are offense specific misdemeanors that can result in additional consequences outside of the Judge's control if a conviction is entered against you, including: loss and/or restrictions to your ability to legally drive an automobile (DUI/OWI related offenses and driving without a license related offenses); loss of ability to work in a hospital setting caring for patients (various assaultive, theft/stealing/fraud related, and drug crimes); the inability to lawfully posses and/or purchase firearms (stalking, domestic violence), loss of hunting and fishing privileges (some DNR offenses), etc. If you are not a US citizen you should also seek help and advice from a leading immigration lawyer because a misdemeanor conviction can lead to severe immigration sanctions such as deportation, inadmissibility (inability to lawfully return to the United States if you ever leave the United States), immigration detention, and the inability to obtain waivers and other immigration relief.
For all misdemeanor offenses you can choose to fight or resolve the case. You should keep in mind that you have the ability to assert several important rights:
- the right to find and hire the services of your own attorney handle your defense (if you have the financial ability to retain your own lawyer) or to ask for a public defender (if without the financial ability to hire your legal representation);
- due process of law (presumed innocent of any and all criminal offenses, prosecution has sole burden of proving its case against you beyond a reasonable doubt, contested trial in front of a jury, right to cross examine all witnesses that testify against you, right to subpoena witnesses for your defense, right to remain silent and not have your silence used against you, right to testify and tell your side of the story, appellate rights).
Your defense is only as strong as its weakest link, and the defense you assert only has real meaning if your attorney is fully invested in the defense of your case. You can hope that luck is on your side with you defense, or take control of your life and seek proper legal representation.
There are a few key questions that you should think about when it comes to the proper defense of your case in Court:
- Does the attorney who is charge of protecting my future have many years of courtroom experience and success defending misdemeanor cases?;
- Does the attorney who is charge of protecting my future to answer my questions and concerns in a well thought out manner?;
- Does the attorney who is charge of protecting my future have a solid reputation in the legal community and solid reviews?;
- Does the attorney who is charge of protecting my future have legal acumen, jury trial experience, and the ability to push for the best possible results?;
- Does the attorney who is charge of protecting my future make payment arrangements to help me afford the lawyer's services, or accept credit card and debit card payments?;
- Does the attorney who is charge of protecting my future have a professional local office where I can confidentially discuss my concerns?
- Does the attorney who is charge of protecting my future appear before my Judge on a regular basis?
When it comes the above questions, the answer is a resounding "yes" if you make the smart decision to hire attorney Daniel Hilf. You do not need to settle for a lawyer who just goes through the motions to provide the bare minimum service, or a lawyer who doesn't have the ability to pursue all defenses, or a lawyer that you do not trust to provide the best defense. Being on top of his game, clever, sharp, zealous, talented, and experienced are all proper descriptive terms that apply to lawyer Daniel Hilf and his legal defense work.
Daniel Hilf, is the person you can count in the Lake Orion area for all criminal charges at District Court or elsewhere including: