Misdemeanor Lawyer Oakland County MI
Misdemeanor attorney Daniel Hilf has a well established local reputation for providing solid and diligent legal representation in Oakland County area District Courts and Oakland County Circuit Court. Misdemeanor convictions in Oakland County have serious long term results upon conviction, including loss of liberty, loss of reputation in the community, loss of educational opportunities, loss of potential employment advancement, and impact to your future living plans. With a misdemeanor charge looming you should attempt to put your troubles in the past and never delay in obtaining critical legal advice and zealous legal representation from an in demand Oakland County criminal defense attorney.Misdemeanor Legal Representation from an Oakland County Client Preferred Criminal Defense Lawyer
Misdemeanors in Oakland County are levied by prosecutors and city attorneys due to alleged violations of local ordinance laws, Michigan State law statutes, and the laws of the United States (Federal laws). Commonly charged misdemeanor offenses in Oakland County District Courts include (but are not limited to): DWLS (Driving While License Suspend/Revoked/ or Denied), drinking and driving (OUI, DUI, Super drunk, etc.), disorderly person, assault and battery, domestic violence, and retail fraud.
For Oakland County area District Court misdemeanor convictions, the most amount of jail possible is anywhere from 90 day to 365 days depending upon what the underlying conviction is for (with the exception being "high court misdemeanors" which provide for a greater maximum penalty). Only a select handful of misdemeanor convictions have mandatory minimum sentencing; most misdemeanors do not require the Judge to order any amount of time in jail. However, in addition to possible jail, the Judge assigned to your case is free to impose very strict, time consuming, and expensive probationary conditions that may make your life miserable for a misdemeanor conviction. If you choose not to listen to and follow what your Judge says, the possible result may include additional jail and/or even harsher probationary conditions if your probation is continued.
In Michigan there are several offense specific misdemeanors that can result consequences outside of your Judge's control if a conviction is entered, including: loss and/or restrictions to your ability to legally drive an automobile (DUI/OWI related offenses and driving without a license related offenses); the inability to lawfully posses and/or purchase firearms (stalking, domestic violence); loss of ability to work in a hospital setting caring for patients (various assaultive, theft/stealing/fraud related, and drug crimes); loss of hunting and fishing privileges (some DNR offenses); etc. If you are not a US citizen, in addition to hiring a leading criminal lawyer, you should also seek help and advice from a leading immigration lawyer because a misdemeanor conviction can lead to severe immigration sanctions such as deportation, inadmissibility (inability to lawfully return to the United States if you ever leave the United States), immigration detention, and the inability to obtain waivers and other immigration relief.
For all misdemeanor offenses you can choose to contest the offense or resolve the through a guilty or no contest plea. You should keep in mind that you have the ability to assert several important rights in the defense of your case:
- the right to find and engage the services of your own legal representative to completely handle your defense (if you have the financial ability to retain your own attorney) or to ask your Judge for a public defender (if without the financial ability to hire your legal representation);
- due process of law (presumed innocent of any and all criminal offenses, contested trial in front of a jury, right to cross examine all witnesses that testify against you, right to subpoena witnesses for your defense, prosecution has sole burden of proving its case against you beyond a reasonable doubt, right to remain silent and not have your silence used against you, right to testify and tell your side of the story, seek potential appellate review of your conviction).
Your defense is only as strong as its weakest link, and the defense you assert only has real worth if your legal representative is fully invested in providing you with the best defense. You can hope that luck when it relates to the quality of your legal representation, or take control of your life and seek a leading Oakland County defense lawyer.
There are a few key questions that you should think about when it comes choosing the best Oakland County based lawyer to appear on your behalf:
- Does the attorney who is in charge of pursuing my defense and speaking for me have many years of courtroom experience and success defending misdemeanor cases?;
- Does the attorney who is in charge of pursuing my defense and speaking for me answer my questions and concerns in a well thought out manner?;
- Does the attorney who is in charge of pursuing my defense and speaking for me have a solid reputation in the legal community and solid reviews?;
- Does the attorney who is in charge of pursuing my defense and speaking for me have legal acumen, jury trial experience, and the ability to push for the best possible results?;
- Does the attorney who is in charge of pursuing my defense and speaking for me make payment arrangements to help me afford the lawyer's services, or accept credit card and debit card payments?;
- Does the attorney who is in charge of pursuing my defense and speaking for me have a professional local office where I can confidentially discuss my concerns?
- Does the attorney who is in charge of pursuing my defense and speaking for me appear before my Judge on a regular basis?
When it comes to answering all of the above questions, the answer all of these questions is a resounding "yes" if you make the smart decision to hire lawyer Daniel Hilf. You do not need to settle for a lawyer who just goes through the motions to provide the bare minimum service, or a lawyer that you do not fully and completely trust to provide you with the best defense. Being on top of his game, clever, talented, experienced, respected, and intelligent are all applicable descriptive terms for lawyer Daniel Hilf and his legal defense work.
Daniel Hilf, is the Oakland County lawyer you can count on for all Oakland County criminal charges at District Court, Oakland County Circuit Court, or elsewhere including: